AGAPE is a non-denominational, faith-based mission to serve the people in our area. Our goal is to “fill in the gaps” which currently exist between people in need, and the community services available to assist them. We refuse to allow good people to fall through cracks in the systems that were designed to help them.
AGAPE Fast Facts
- The AGAPE ministry began in July 2009.
- We primarily serve families throughout Columbia and Montour counties, however, during the 2011 Tropical Storm Lee flood AGAPE helped families throughout six counties.
- In 2011, AGAPE was awarded the Humanitarian Award from the Alcoa Foundation.
- In 2014, we served 5,376 hot lunches through our weekly DailyBread meal.
- There has been a
17.6% increase in the number of meals provided through our weekly DailyBread meal from 2013 to
- In 2013, AGAPE provided $46,685 in non-perishable foods
and $78,080 in other in-kind items to local organizations and other agencies.
- Since 2013, AGAPE has helped over 1,700 clients with over $122,000 worth of clothing through our monthly clothing giveaway.
- In February 2013, the first two individuals to successfully graduate from the Columbia County Drug Court Program completed their community service hours through AGAPE.
- In 2014, AGAPE served 131 homeless clients (not including those served through the Project Fozen: Sharing the Warmth program), accounting for almost 10% of our total clients served.
- 94 cents of every dollar goes directly to the program.
- In December 2013, 11 graduates completed AGAPE's first 16-week
"Getting Ahead in a
'Just Gettin' By World" poverty-reduction training series.